Sunday, January 4, 2015

First quarter of school

Our boy loves school. He is well-behaved, follows the rules, and works hard. We couldn't be more pleased with his behavior at school. He has adjusted well and is (slowly) coming out of his shell. He's still very shy, but is making friends and really loves his teacher. He became a bit compulsive about school work this first quarter, and would come home and often "play school" by drawing and writing and making "worksheets" for derek and I to complete. Homework was something that he liked to do, but at the same time could become a source of much frustration for him and his parents. I got to feel what all the parents of my students have been feeling all these years, firsthand. I thought we would have a few more years before this attitude, but we have come to realize that since Grady is so "on" all day at school, it seems that he can't always keep it together at home with his parents. I'll take good behavior at school though over always being good at home I guess, I suppose you can't have it all.

Here are some sheets from a night of compulsive counting and writing. :) 

                Some (cute)homework. 

   His Patriot Day performance- 9/11/14

At the end of the quarter, Grady got an award at the awards assembly! He was very nervous about it- didn't crack a smile- but we were so proud of him, and I know he was proud of himself too. 




Kendall is adjusting to school life as well. She had a bit of a rough time at first with Lisa taking and picking her up instead of Derek, but she got through it and is now doing much better. She may not talk as highly of preschool (yet) as Grady did, but I have faith that she'll get there. No matter what, she's our crazy, creative little girl. Full of fun and a zest for life! 


We're hoping she starts wearing these at all times! :) Definitely my favorite thing she's made so far this year. 





No comments:

Blog Archive